Pear, Apple, Zucchini Muffins
I’ve never made muffins with Pear before. So freaking yummy!
Hope you enjoy too
Pear, apple, Zucchini Muffins
- 3 CUPS grated Apples, pear and zucchini – I used 1 zucchini, 1 pear and the rest apples. Doubt 5 small ones or 2 large apples. I pulsed them in my food processor for a few seconds until they were grated.
- 2 CUPS Rolled oats – Make sure they are gluten free if you have intolerances.
- 1½ CUPS unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ CUP Lakanto Monk Fruit Extract – ( if you are using sugar, you can use brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla Extract
- ⅔ CUPS Avocado Oil or coconut Oil melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup Almond flour
- 1/2 Cup Tiger Nut flour ( you can sub this for gluten free flour)
- 1/2 Cup gluten free flour
- 1/2 Cup Teff Flour
- 1 tsp baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2.5 teaspoons Cinnamon powder
- Optional but highly recommended: Pecans!
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Place the apple, oats, coconut, Lakanto and vanilla in a large bowl and mix to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Add the oil, eggs, flour, cinnamon and apple sauce to the remaining apple mixture and mix until just combined. Add the pecans if using and stir. Divide the mixture between a 16 x ½-cup-capacity lightly greased silicone muffin tin. I used 2 silicone muffin tins.
- Cook for 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Best served warm. I usually microwave them for about 10 seconds.