Go Nuts for Donuts!
Chocolate Coffee Banana Donuts
Do you ever watch the Food Network when you’re hungry? That’s the worst idea ever known to man, especially now with HD channels. Boy o boy!
I was watching Donut Showdown with my parental units and it planted donuts in my head. Homer Simpson style. I googled paleo donuts and boom – this recipe appeared
The bulk barn didn’t have donut trays. (BOO) So I had to accomodate my donuts another pastry tray.
It was fairly simple, delicious and I added skor bits on top instead of the salt.
Now the Homer Simpson in me has quieted down… for now.
- 3 bananas
- 5 dates, pitted
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoons ground coffee
- coarse sea salt (to top donuts-optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place bananas, honey, and dates in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then add the eggs,
coconut flour, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, baking soda and powder, and salt
to your food processor and puree until completely combined.
- Grease your donut pan and pour ingredients into pan. My ingredients made 6 perfect donuts.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until completely cooked through (poke a toothpick through one to make sure it comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Once donuts are cool, melt your chocolate in a shallow bowl and mix in your ground coffee.
- Now dip the top of your donut directly into the melted chocolate, then top with a bit of coarse sea salt.
Now excuse me as I order mini donut trays from the interwebs.