Protein Breakfast bars
Paleo Breakfast Bars – these are from http://www.elanaspantry.com – awesome website with tons of great recipes. Some of our members have been asking us about breakfast foods. Here is one that is awesome at breakfast or as a quick snack. I had it with a bowl of raspberries and blueberries and it was YUMMY!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup blanched slivered almonds
- ¼ cup raisins ( i used green raisins and a few chopped prunes)
- In a food processor combine almond flour and salt
- Pulse in coconut oil, honey, water and vanilla
- Pulse in coconut, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almond slivers and raisines
- Press dough into an 8 x 8 inch baking dish, wetting your hands with water to pat dough down – I used parchment paper in the baking dish, as I hate sticking.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes – I removed with the parchment while still warm and chopped into squares.
- Serve – I’m storing mine in a airtight container
- Next I’m going to try to add an egg and some dried cherries to the mix. Also thought about using pecans instead of almonds.
Makes 16 bars